Salicylic acid warts treatment methods are best methods for skin warts for those who prefer more than natural treatments. If you have tried and get no satisfying results with natural warts treatment methods, then further you should try salicylic acid for warts treatment.
In fact, a lower concentration of salicylic acid is a primary method a doctor follows/prescribes for the first time. Hence without any doubt, salicylic acid is the most popular universal home and medical remedies for warts removal.
There are also other few acids available which work as good as salicylic acid for warts treatment. However, the working principle for all acids and their products are same.
Salicylic acid can be found in many forms and there are thousands of products with salicylic acid for the treatment of skin warts.
Salicylic acid for warts removal is mostly available in following forms.
- Salicylic Acid Ointment cream /Gel
- Salicylic Acid Liquid
- Salicylic Acid Patch /pad
How to apply Salicylic Acid ointment cream (gel) for warts treatment.
These products of salicylic acid for warts treatment come as ointment cream. They are available in many concentration levels. Most common one is of 20 %(Lowest concentration level doctors prefer). They also come with more concentration level of 30%,40%,50%,60%.Higher concentration level means stronger acid.
- Take some cream on your finger and apply on warts rubbing gently. Clean your fingers (assuming you used your fingers for applying acid) with water. You can use toothpicks, cotton bud or similar material to apply the acid cream on your warts.
Leave it to dry.
- Some prefer to cover it to avoid possible fall off as well as excessive moisture. In Addition, Covering also helps on the better penetration of salicylic acid.
- Remove the cover and reapply the medicine again. Do not rinse off previous residue medicine, instead, reapply above them. For better results apply twice a day or as indicated by your physician.
- Scrub outer layer within 1-2 days with the help of pumice stone, nail file or sandpaper, so that acid can penetrate through warts layer easily.
- Repeat the procedure And apply again until the wart disappears completely.
How to apply Salicylic Acid Liquid for warts treatment.
These products come in liquid form in different concentration level like 20%, 30%,40%…
- First of all, wash your affected areas with clean water and wait until it is dry. If applicable, it is recommended to cut out the outer dead tissue layer so that acids can penetrate through wart more quickly.
- Take a cotton bud (earbud), dip into acid and apply it onto warts. And leave it to dry.
- Liquid acids dry off quickly than cream from. The White spot may look ugly so cover it.If you don’t prefer to cover try to apply more 3-4 times a day.
- Repeat the same procedure for some weeks until you completely get rid of warts.
How to Apply Salicylic Acid Patch for warts treatment.
The salicylic acid patch/plaster comes with acid in the center. Like other products, these also come with the different concentration level of salicylic acid and in different sizes.
- Wash your affected area and let dry. If possible cut out the outer dead skin layer of the wart. Or you can soak warts in warm water for about 10-15 minutes and wait until it dries off completely.
- Take a salicylic acid wart treatment patch and apply as acidic side lies on your wart. Leave it.
- Remove the patch after 2-3 days. Dip your wart in warm water to soften the dead layer.Now, scrub the dead tissue layers with a pumice stone or nail file or other similar materials.
- Repeat the same procedure in every 2-3 days until your wart completely falls off.
Things To Remember While Using Salicylic Acid For Warts Treatment.
You can use salicylic acid as warts treatment at your own home but you must be very careful handling these acid products.
These acid products are for external use only. Avoid acids getting inside eyes, mouth nose etc. If happens, accidentally, wash with water for 5 minutes to avoid further damages.
If you have diabetes and other low circulation problem, please consult with a physician before trying any product of salicylic acid for warts treatment.
salicylic acid wart treatment method is painful
if regular irritation, stop the treatment and consult your doctor.